Interpreting the Gifts Questionnaire
- The "gifts questionnaire" is designed
to reveal our main areas of motivation and fruitfulness.
The things that we enjoy doing and have success
in, reveal where God has "graced us"
- The questionnaire is meant to be only a help
in the process of discovering your areas of
spiritual gifting. The "margin of error"
in the questionnaire results, depends upon your
objectivity, honesty and maturity level.
- Your top 3 scores will indicate your primary
gift areas. Your next 3 scores indicate your
major supportive gift areas. These 6 gift areas
are your "gift cluster" and determine
your motivation and fruitfulness in ministry
- The gift areas that we score high in do not
indicate specific areas of ministry. A ministry
is an area of service in which a gift is expressed.
Our sense of "calling" combines with
our gifts to give us our place of ministry.
- The results of this questionnaire do not show
the "measure" of your gift areas.
Our “measure" of gift is revealed
by its quality, degree and effectiveness as
it is expressed in ministry service.
- Our different gift profiles show the sovereignty
of God in creating each of us as unique individuals.
By His wise and sovereign Will, He has given
each of us special gifts and called us to unique
functions in His Church (I
Because of the new life and the workings of the
Holy Spirit within, people will naturally grow
in their gifts and graces if the right teaching
and structure is in place for them to do so.
- Teach about God's plan, purpose and structure
for the New Testament Church.
- Teach about the new identity, calling and
power we have as sons and daughters of God (Jn
1:12, II Cor 5:17).
- Teach on New Testament Church government as
providing the order and protection for a healthy
growing Church (Eph 4:11-12,
I Thess 5:12-13, Heb 13:17).
- Teach on spiritual gifts and their role in
- Make the public meetings a time of congregational
participation by having testimonies, time of
praying for one another, freedom to prophecy
- Develop small group meetings where more people
- Make a list of responsibilities that new Christians
can become involved in and encourage ministry
heads to invite them to participate.
- Use your encounters with prayer group members
to encourage them in the gifts and abilities
that you see in them. Teach your leaders to
do the same thing.
- Make room for the gift ministries that begin
to emerge in your people.
- Build a leadership team that has the same
to Teachings Top