|Do not be impatient to answer this questionnaire.
First take a few moments to pray, asking Divine
Guidance to help you answer correctly. Carefully
read the questions below and understand them, then
answer them honestly and to the best of your knowledge
and experience. Indicate your answers (with scores)
on the scoring sheet given below.
- I enjoy working behind the scenes, taking
care of little details.
- I usually step forward and assume leadership
in a group where none exists.
- I enjoy cheerfully providing food and a place
to stay for those in need.
- I have the ability to recognize a need, and
get the job done, no matter how trivial the
- I have the ability to organize ideas, people
and projects to reach a specific goal.
- I clearly sense it when somebody is under
a spiritual anointing.
- I am very confident of God doing great things
through myself or through the prayer group I
- I am asked to sing or play a musical instrument
at different Church functions.
- I have spoken in tongues.
- When people pray in tongues, I often believe
that I understand the meaning.
- Others can describe specific occasions where
my prayers have resulted in obvious miracles.
- I have the ability to use my hands in a creative
way to design or build things.
- People have told me that my prayers have resulted
in their healing.
- I enjoy giving money to those in serious financial
- I would enjoy ministering to people in hospitals,
prison and rest homes to comfort them.
- I often have insights that offer practical
solutions to difficult problems.
- While talking to other people, I become aware
of needs in their life that have not been discussed.
- I enjoy encouraging and giving counsel to
those who are discouraged.
- I have the ability to thoroughly study a passage
of scripture and then share it with others.
- I presently have the responsibility for the
spiritual growth of one or more young Christians.
- Other people respect me as an authority in
- I believe I have a natural ability to learn
a foreign language.
- I have a desire to speak direct messages from
God that edify, exhort, or comfort others.
- I enjoy spending time with non-Christians,
especially with hope of telling them about Jesus.
- I enjoy praying for long periods of time.
- I would like to assist leaders, so they will
have more time to accomplish their essential
and priority ministries.
- I am often chosen as the leader in a group
- I enjoy entertaining guests and making them
feel "at home" when they visit.
- I enjoy serving others, no matter how simple
or little the task.
- I am a very organized person, who sets goals
and makes plans to reach them.
- I am a good judge of character and can spot
a spiritual counterfeit.
- Others have said, I am a person of faith and
- I desire to use my musical ability to bless
- I have spoken publicly in tongues with an
- I have given a public interpretation of a
message in tongues during a Church service.
- God has used me in performing supernatural
signs and wonders.
- I enjoy doing things like woodworking, crocheting,
sewing, metal work, stained glass, etc.
- I have seen people physically healed through
- I joyfully give money to the Church well above
- I feel compassion for people who are hurt
and lonely, and like to spend time with them
to cheer them up.
- God has enabled me to choose correctly between
several complex options in an important decision,
when no one else knew what to do.
- Those I minister to, claim that my insights
into their problems have surprised them.
- People often tell me their problems and I
- When a question arises from a difficult Biblical
passage, I am motivated to search the answer.
- I take an active role in protecting Christians
from worldly influences that would hinder their
spiritual growth and weaken their faith.
- I have been used to establish and raise up
a strong prayer group.
- I can adapt easily to cultures, languages
and life-styles other than my own and would
enjoy ministering in foreign countries.
- By the revelation of the Holy Spirit, I have
revealed specific things which will happen in
- I find it easy to invite a person to accept
Jesus as his/her Saviour.
- I pray at least half-hour daily for other
people, believing God to answer my prayers.
- I enjoy relieving others of routine tasks,
so they can get special projects done.
- I don't mind asking others to accomplish an
important ministry for the Church.
- Our home is often used for parties and social
- I have a reputation of being available to
give practical help in completing tasks or projects.
- I easily delegate significant responsibilities
to other people.
- I am able to distinguish right and wrong in
complex spiritual matters, that other people
can't seem to figure out.
- I often step out and start projects that other
people won't attempt and the projects end up
- I believe I could sing in the choir and be
an important part of the worship service.
- I am blessed when praying privately to God
- Church leaders have told me that they believed
my public interpretation of a message in tongues
- My prayers have resulted in physical healings
in the lives of others.
- I would like to use my natural skills to bless
the Lord's work.
- I have seen people emotionally healed through
- God has blessed me with the ability to make
more money than I need, so I can cheerfully
give much to the Church.
- I want to do whatever I can for the needy
people around me, even if I have to give up
- People often ask my advice when they don't
know what to do.
- When praying about someone's circumstances,
I receive insight into their condition that
I have not previously considered.
- I feel a need to challenge others to better
themselves, specially in their spiritual growth,
without condemning them.
- Others have told me that I was a good teacher
of the Bible.
- I have enjoyed having the spiritual responsibility
for a group of people.
- I am respected by and work well with other
strong gift ministries.
- I seem to relate unusually well with people
of other cultures.
- People have told me that I have communicated
timely and urgent messages, which must have
come directly from the Lord.
- Every chance I get, I try to win my friends
- My prayer time is the most important part
of the day.
- I would like to do things like typing, filing,
gardening, painting etc for the Church or helping
in any way that I can.
- I can guide and manage a group of people towards
achieving a specific goal.
- I would like to use my home to get acquainted
with newcomers and visitors to the prayer group.
- I would rather be active and accomplishing
something, than talk, read, or listen to a speaker.
- I am able to recognize gifts and abilities
in others and help them find a ministry where
they are effective.
- I can tell with a fairly high degree of assurance,
when a person is afflicted by an evil spirit.
- I trust in God's faithfulness for a bright
future, even when everything looks bad.
- I enjoy singing and people say I have a good
- I enjoy praying in tongues and do so often.
- The Holy Spirit has given me the ability to
know whether someone speaking in tongues is
genuine or not.
- God has blessed my prayers, so that supernatural
results have come to otherwise impossible situations.
- I find satisfaction in meeting people's needs
by making something for them.
- I enjoy praying for those who are physically
or emotionally ill in order that God may heal
- I have been willing to maintain a lower standard
of living in order to give more to God's work.
- When I hear of other people without jobs who
can't pay their bills, I feel motivated to help
- God shows me how to make the right application
of Biblical truth to practical situations.
- During prayer services, I can sense the immediate
spiritual need of the congregation.
- People often tell me that my counsel or advice
has helped their spiritual growth.
- I am able to give organized and systematic
Bible lessons to a group of people.
- I enjoy working with people and desire to
help them be the best person they can for the
- Leaders or Churches in other parts of the
country or world look to me for spiritual oversight.
- I feel a special spiritual burden for another
area or country of the world.
- I sometimes have a strong sense of what God
wants to say to people in response to a particular
- My strongest desire is to see the lost come
to know Jesus Christ, as their Saviour.
- Many of my prayers for others have been answered
by the Lord.
- I enjoy helping others to get their work done
and don't need a lot of public recognition.
- People respect my opinion and follow my direction.
- I feel that entertaining guests in my home
is an important ministry.
- I respond cheerfully when asked to do a job,
however menial it may be.
- I am comfortable making important decisions,
even under pressure.
- I can sense when a speaker is empowered by
the Holy Spirit or just bringing glory to himself.
- I often exercise my faith through prayer and
God answers my prayers in exciting ways.
- Others have told me that I have a musical
- When I pray in tongues, I sense that I am
being spiritually strengthened.
- I enjoy interpreting tongues.
- Through my faith and prayers, God has opened
doors that were impossible in the natural.
- People say that I am gifted with my hands.
- People often seek me out to pray for their
- I believe God will bless me financially, so
that I can give generously to His work.
- I would enjoy working with the "unfortunate"
and the have-nots", who are usually ignored
by most people.
- The Lord has given me quick insight into the
right choices to make in very complex circumstances.
- In counselling situations, I sometimes have
an instant awareness of facts not previously
- I often am involved in encouraging discouraged
- Teaching others about what I have learned
in the Bible is very fulfilling to me.
- I have helped Christians who have backslidden,
to be restored back to the Lord.
- I would be excited to share the Gospel and
help form new groups of Christians, in areas
where there aren't many groups.
- I am willing to leave the comforts of my surroundings
in order to minister to people of another nation.
- During prayer meetings, I frequently sense
the needs in the congregation.
- I get frustrated when others don't seem to
share their faith with unbelievers as much as
- Others have told me that my prayers for them
have been answered in tangible ways.
0=Not at all, 1=Little, 2=Some,
3=Considerable, 4 or 5=Very Strong.
LIST THE SIX AREAS YOU
RECEIVED THE HIGHEST SCORE ON
DEFINITION OF SPIRITUAL
A) Helps: The God given
ability and motivation to be available to help
out in any area in which there is a need (I
Cor 12:28; Rm 16:1, 2).
B) Leadership: The God given
ability to motivate and lead others in accomplishing
goals related to the Lord's work (Rm
12:8; Act 2:14).
C) Hospitality: The God given
desire to use your home as a means to entertain
and bless the people of God, or those in need
of food and shelter (Rm 12:13;
D) Service: The God given
motivation to use your time and resources to meet
the practical and material needs involved in advancing
the Kingdom of God (Rm 12:7;
E) Administration: The God
given ability to organise and supervise the carrying
out of plans, related to accomplishing the goals
of the Lord's work (I Cor
12:28; Titus 1:5).
F) Discerning of Spirits:
The God given ability to know whether the spiritual
source behind certain behaviour is divine, human
or satanic (I Cor 12:10; Acts
G) Faith: The God given ability
to believe for the extraordinary or impossible
within the Will of God in a particular situation
(I Cor 12:9; Acts 28:3-6).
H) Music: The God given ability
to sing or play an instrument in a way that the
Church is strengthened and God is glorified (II
Kings 3:15; II Chron 5:13; I Sam 16:16).
I) Tongues: The God given
ability to communicate in a language, either divine
or human, that you are not familiar with (I
Cor 12:10,28; Acts 10: 44-46).
J) Interpretation of Tongues:
The God given ability to interpret a message given
in tongues by giving it in a language of the listeners
(I Cor 12:10,30; I Cor 14:13).
K) Miracles: The God given
ability to serve as a human channel through which
God can perform acts which transcend the laws
of nature (I Cor 12:10, 28;
L) Craftsmanship: The God
given ability and motivation to work and create
with your hands that which will bless and increase
the work of God on the earth (Ex
31:2-11; Acts 9:39).
M) Healing: The God given
ability to serve as a human channel in ministering
divine healing and restoration of health, apart
from natural means (I Cor
12:9; Acts 3:1-10).
N) Giving: The God given
desire and ability to generously give financial
and material resources to the Lord's work (Rm
12:8; Mk 12:41-44).
O) Mercy: A God given compassion
for the sufferings of others and the motivation
to minister to them in a way that will ease their
burden (Rm 12:8; Mt 20:29-34).
P) The Word of Wisdom: The
God given ability to receive divine insight in
how to respond to complex and difficult problems
and situations (I Cor 12:8;
I Kings 3:16-28).
Q) The Word of Knowledge:
The God given ability to receive a spontaneous
knowledge of facts or details about a person or
situation that has not been discovered through
natural inquiry (I Cor 12:8;
R) Exhortation: The God given
ability and incentive to offer words of encouragement,
consolation and comfort to others in a way through
which they will be helped (Rm
12:8; I Tim 4:13).
S) Teaching: The God given
desire and ability to search out and expound to
others spiritual truths from the Word of God in
a way that others will learn (Eph
4:11-12; Acts 18:24-28).
T) Pastor: The God given
ability and motivation to commit yourself to the
care and nurturing of members of the Body of Christ
(Eph 4:11, 12; I Pet 5:2).
U) Apostleship: The God given
ability to plant, establish and oversee churches
while working harmoniously with other fivefold
ministries (Eph 4:11; I Cor
V) Missionary: The God given
ability and calling to use your spiritual gifts
to minister to those of another culture on a long
term basis (I Cor 9:19-23;
W) Prophecy: The God given
ability to receive and communicate an immediate
message of God to his people through divinely
anointed speaking (I Cor 12:10;
X) Evangelist: The God given
ability and desire to share the Gospel with unbelievers
in such a way that men and women turn from their
sin and make commitments to serve Jesus Christ
(Eph 4:11, 12; Acts 8:12).
Y) Intercession: The God
given ability and consistent desire to pray for
long periods of time with the result of seeing
the fruit of your efforts through specifically
answered prayers (Lk 2:36,
37; Col 4:2).