Discovering Spiritual Gifts
1. The Advantages of Discovering Your Spiritual
- Discovering our spiritual gifts will help
lead us into the areas of ministry, that the
Lord has called us to.
- Not knowing our gifts may cause us to get
involved in the wrong areas of ministry.
- When the members of the Church discover their
gift areas, it frees the pastor to concentrate
on the priorities of his ministry.
- Discovering our gift areas brings greater
personal stability and contentment. The more
aware and honest we are about our abilities,
the more secure and confident we are in the
- As the members of the Church discover and
develop their gifts, the Church will experience
increased maturity, strength and potential for
2. Nine Steps to Discovering Your Spiritual
- Step 1: We must come under the Lordship of
Christ and commit ourselves to fulfilling His
will in our lives.
- Step 2: We must trust the Lord and accept
His timetable for anointing our gifts and using
us in areas of ministry.
- Step 3: We should study the different spiritual
gifts and seek the Lord for an anointing, in
the gifts you feel He has given to you.
- Step 4: We should experiment by exercising
the gifts that we can express.
- Step 5: We can usually discover our spiritual
gift areas by identifying our abilities and
the things that we consistently prefer doing.
- Step 6: We should seek out the opinions of
other mature Christians. Three groups of people
who can be especially helpful in evaluating
- Marriage partners
- Close friends
- Experienced leaders
- Step 7: A prophetic word can help us discover
our spiritual gifts.
- Step 8: We should give priority attention
to developing our main gift areas.
- Step 9: Discovering our spiritual gifts can
be helped by taking a “Spiritual Gifts
to Teachings Top